Matthew Sturlaugson (Imperial Marshal)
Matthew Sturlaugson, of West Fargo, North Dakota, is serving his second year as a member of the Boards of Directors for Shriners International and Shriners Hospitals for Children®.
Fraternities and Philanthropy
- Master Mason, Lebanon lodge #34, Langdon, North Dakota, 2003
- Plural member, Shiloh #1, Fargo, North Dakota
- Member, Ancient & Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Fargo
- KEM Shriners, Grand Forks, 2003
- El Zagal Shriners, Fargo, 2004
- Provost Guard, El Zagal Shriners
- North Dakota Shrine Bowl Board of Directors, 2004–present
- North Dakota Shrine Bowl Chairman, 2007–2014
- Potentate, El Zagal Shriners, 2015
- Founder, units and clubs including Young Shriners (YOSHI) and Techies, El Zagal Shriners
- Regional Membership Director, Region 4, Shriners International, 2016–2018
- Leadership Seminar Team, Shriners International, 2016–2020
- Executive Membership Team, Shriners International, 2018–2020
- Program Coordinator, Temple Leadership Seminars for Oriental Guides and Assistant Rabbans, 2019–2020
- Bachelor’s degree, Organizational Leadership and Management, University of Mary
Professional and Personal
Sturlaugson has been with U.S. Bank since 1996, where he serves as a vice president in Consumer and Business Banking division. During his tenure there, he has served primarily as a project manager with a focus on process improvements, compliance and regulatory management.
A legacy Shriner, Sturlaugson is dedicated to his family and is intentional about balancing his time with them. He and his wife, Mandii, have three children, Kayli, Carson and Gabriella. The couple support the concept of a Shrine family and believe a family that plays together stays together. In 2018, the Sturlaugsons’ youngest daughter was diagnosed with scoliosis and became a Shriners Hospitals patient. The experience has provided the Sturlaugsons with new insight into the fraternity and philanthropy, through the lens of a patient family.