Mark Hartz (Imperial Second Ceremonial Master)
Mark Hartz of Severn, Maryland, is serving his fourth year as a member of the Boards of Directors for Shriners International and Shriners Hospitals for Children®.
Fraternities and Philanthropy
- Past Master, Solomon’s Lodge #121, Savage, Maryland, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2018
- Boumi Shriners, 2006
- Potentate, Boumi Shriners, 2017
- Member, Boumi Ambassadors, Cig-Car club, Brew Club, Financial Advisors Committee, Amateur Radio Club, and Motor Corps, where he served as treasurer, as well as several other units and clubs
- Honorary Legion of Honor, DeMolay International
- Advisory Board Chair, Glen Burnie Chapter, DeMolay International
- Numerous leadership positions and committee memberships, Grand Lodge of Maryland, including chairman of the leadership program and member of the Committee on Youth
- Past member, Board of Directors, Stephen J. Ponzillo Jr. Memorial Library and Museum at the Grand Lodge
- Past Associate Bethel Guardian, Bethel #16, Job’s Daughters
- Member, Ancient & Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Baltimore
- Member, Freestate Shield and Square Club Degree Team
- Member, Concordia Chapter #1 RAM, Concordia Chapter #1 R&SM, Maryland Commandery #1 Knights Templar
- Past Sovereign Master, Freestate Council Allied Masonic Degrees, 2016
Professional and Personal
Born and raised in upstate New York, Hartz moved to Maryland in 2003, where he began his Masonic and Shriners journey. His affinity for Shriners International developed as a boy, when two family members received care from Shriners Hospitals for Children. Hartz has served the people his entire professional life, including through having tenure in local, state and federal service. He is employed with the federal judiciary in Washington, D.C.
Hartz has served as a volunteer firefighter and EMT for more than 30 years and is the past president of the Jessup Volunteer Fire Department Board of Directors.
Hartz and his lady, Kathy, have been married since 2005.