Mark Hartz (Imperial First Ceremonial Master)
Mark Hartz of Maryland, is serving his sixth year as a member of the Boards of Directors for Shriners International and Shriners Children’s™. He was elected Imperial First Ceremonial Master, part of the 12-member body that helps govern the Shriners fraternity, during the Shriners 2022 Imperial Session held July 2–7 in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Fraternities and Philanthropy
- Past Master of his lodge in 2010, 2011, 2013 and 2018
- Boumi Shriners, 2006
- Potentate, Boumi Shriners, 2017
- Member, numerous clubs and units within Boumi Shriners
- Honorary Legion of Honor, DeMolay International
- Former Chair and Current Advisory Board member, Chapter of DeMolay International
- Numerous leadership positions and committee memberships, Grand Lodge; including chairman, leadership program and member, Committee on Youth
- Past member, Board of Directors, Grand Lodge Library and Museum
- Past Associate Bethel Guardian, numerous committee memberships and service as committee chairs of Job’s Daughters International
- Member, Ancient & Accepted Scottish Rite
- Member, the York Rite Chapter, Council and Commandry
- Past Sovereign Master, Allied Masonic Degrees, 2016
Professional and Personal
Born and raised in New York, Hartz relocated to Maryland, where he began his Masonic and Shriners journey. His affinity for Shriners International developed as a boy, when two family members received care from Shriners Children’s. Hartz has served the people his entire professional life, including positions with local, state and federal service.
Hartz has served as a volunteer firefighter and EMT for more than 30 years and is the past president of his local Volunteer Fire Department Board of Directors. He has served as the Chapter Chairman of the Board of the Mohawk Valley Chapter of the American Red Cross. He is an active member of numerous philanthropic organizations.