Marty Bartlett (Imperial Captain of the Guard)
Marty Bartlett, of San Antonio, Texas, is serving his second year as a member of the Boards of Directors for Shriners International and Shriners Hospitals for Children®.
Fraternities and Philanthropy
- Member, Cibolo Lodge #151, San Antonio, 2006
- Past Master, Cibolo Lodge, 2014
- Member, Ancient & Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of San Antonio, 2007
- Member, Alzafar Shriners, San Antonio, 2007
- Potentate, Alzafar Shriners, San Antonio, 2020
- Iowa Representative, Alzafar Shriners, 2019–2020
- Chief of Staff, Alzafar Shriners, 2012
- Member, Directors Staff unit, 2007–2020
- Member and current officer, Rod & Gun Club
- Member and Past Rabban, Hillbillies Clan
- Member, Order of Quetzalcoatl, 2016–present
- Member, Royal Order of Jesters, 2018–present
- Board of Directors and Past Treasurer, Camp Alzafar
- Bachelor’s degree, Astrophysics and Mechanical Engineering, Vanderbilt University
- Master’s degree, Materials and Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
Professional and Personal
For the past 25 years, Bartlett has worked for military defense contractors including Lockheed Martin, Northrup Grumman and General Electric, and he continues to provide classified business development, program and proposal support. Bartlett owns a factoring and finance company that offers funding to small businesses.
Bartlett is active in his community. He has been an elected trustee of the Comal Independent School District for the past five years. Other leadership positions he’s held include Business Chairman of the San Antonio Army Recruiting Battalion, Chair of the San Antonio Transportation Board and State Alliance, VIA Transit Board Member and Finance Chairman. He’s been president of his neighborhood association and chairman of his church council. In addition, Bartlett is an Eagle Scout and an assistant scoutmaster.
A legacy Shriner, Bartlett has been married to his wife, Martha, for 26 years. The couple have two children, Mariah Bartlett, 23, and Matthew Bartlett, 22.