Jim Cain (Imperial Recorder)
Jim Cain of Nashville, Tennessee, is serving his fourteenth year as a member of the Boards of Directors for Shriners International and Shriners Hospitals for Children®. Cain was re-elected Imperial Recorder in Tampa, Florida, on July 11, 2020. Cain served as Imperial Potentate for Shriners International during the 2018–2019 Imperial year.
Fraternities and Philanthropy
- Master Mason, John B. Garrett Lodge #711, Nashville, 1995
- Member, Ancient & Accepted Scottish Rite, Orient of Nashville, KCCH 2005
- Member, Edward G. Corbitt-Doric Chapter #147 RAM, Nashville Council #1 R&SM and Nashvile Commandery #1 of Knights Templar (York Rite), 1995
- Member, Royal Order of Scotland
- Potentate, Al Menah Shriners, Nashville, 2006
- Member, Al Menah Shriners Leadership Team, 2002–2006, where he assisted in raising more than $5 million for Shriners Hospitals for Children
- Captain of the Motor Corps, Membership Committee Divan Liaison, Chairman of Ringmasters Club and Business Owner’s Group, and other positions, Al Menah Shriners
- Past Rabban, Hillbilly Clan #151, Nashville, Tennessee
- Life member, Cabiri Association
- Charter member, Tennessee East-West Football Classic Committee
- President, Tennessee Shrine Association, 2006
- Associate member, Rizpah Shriners, Madisonville, Kentucky; El Hasa Shriners, Ashland, Kentucky; Jericho Shriners, Kingsport, Tennessee; Kerbela Shriners, Knoxville, Tennessee
- Honorary member, DeMolay International Supreme Council
- Honorary Legion of Honor, DeMolay International
- Past Chairman, Salary, Personnel and Retirement; Planning; Clinical and Basic Research; Medical Affairs; Information Services; Revenue Cycle; Fraternal Strategic Planning; Insurance; Oversight; Special Purpose Funds/Fundraising Evaluation; Time and Place; and Emblems, Regalia and Jewels committees
- Past member, Public Relations; Corporate Compliance; Budget; Investments; Masonic Relations; DeMolay; Mileage and Per Diem; and Protocol and Resolutions committees
- Past Liaison Officer, Boston, Cincinnati, Shreveport, Springfield and Tampa Boards of Governors for Shriners Hospitals for Children
Professional and Personal
A former locomotive engineer, Cain worked for CSX Transportation for more than 42 years. He was a Community Affairs and Safety Officer and a board member of the Tennessee Railroad Association. Cain spent three years as state coordinator of Tennessee Operation Lifesaver Inc., a nationally recognized program that educates the public about dangers at railroad grade crossings and around railroad properties. He also served as chairman of the board for Alabama Operation Lifesaver Inc. and Tennessee Operation Lifesaver Inc.
Cain and his wife, Patsy, have been married for 52 years. They have two children, Janice and Jim Jr., two grandchildren, Oakley and Paxton, and a great-grandson, Dasher James. Cain attends Forest Hills Baptist Church in Nashville.