Lawrence J. "Larry" Leib (Imperial High Priest and Prophet)
Lawrence J. “Larry” Leib, of Farmington Hills, Michigan, is serving his seventh year as a member of the Boards of Directors for Shriners International and Shriners Children’s™. He was elected Imperial High Priest & Prophet, part of the 12-member body that helps govern the Shriners fraternity, during the Shriners 2023 Imperial Session held July 2-6 in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Fraternities and Philanthropy
- Master Mason, Zion Lodge #1, F. & A.M. of Michigan
- 33rd Degree Supreme Council Honorary Member, Ancient & Accepted Scottish Rite, N.M.J.
- Gold Member Commanders Circle and Life Member, Ancient & Accepted Scottish Rite NMJ, Valley of Michigan
- Member, Monroe Chapter #1, Royal Arch Masons of Michigan
- Member, Monroe Council #1, R&S of Michigan
- Detroit Commandery #1 Knights Templar, Past Commander, 2012 (Most Outstanding Commandery)
- York Rite College #1, Detroit, Michigan; Knight Mason Trinity Council #36
- Allied Masonic Degrees, Michigan
- Honorary Legion of Honor, DeMolay International
- Member, Cabiri International
- Potentate, Moslem “Detroit” Shriners, 2015
- Director, Shriners International Iowa Corporation, 2017 - present
- Director, Shriners Children’s Colorado Corporation, 2017 - present
- Emeritus Member, Shriners Children’s Colorado Corporation
- Secretary Emeritus, Board of Governors, Shriners Children’s Chicago
- Executive Committee, Board of Governors, Shriners Children’s Chicago, 2004–2010
- Member, Donor Relations International Executive Advisory Committee, Shriners Children’s, 2010–2012
- Chairman of Development, State of Michigan, Shriners Children’s , 2004–2009
- General Counsel, Moslem “Detroit” Shriners, 2002–2008, 2010–2013
- General Counsel, Detroit Shrine Circus, 2002–2013
- Michigan State Fair (Detroit Shriners)
- Life Member, Moslem “Detroit” Shriners' Directors Staff and Clown units
- Member, Benevolent Order of the Crab, Claw #7; Detroit Shiners, Tap #1; Sigmund Society #1
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics, Urban Affairs, Michigan State University, 1990
- Juris Doctor, University of Detroit School of Law, 1993
- Master of Science, Sports Business, University of Michigan, 2000
Professional and Personal
Leib is a third-generation attorney who began his legal career at Leib, Leib and Kramer P.C. in 1994. He was a partner with the firm until 2004, when he left to start his own general practice firm, the Law Offices of Lawrence J. Leib. While he practices in the litigation field, Leib also has a unique specialty in long-term strategic planning for nonprofits, philanthropies and charities.
Leib is a member of the State Bar of Michigan and a fellow of the State Bar of Michigan Foundation. He is a Director of the Sigma Alpha Mu Fraternity Foundation. He served as International President of Sigma Alpha Mu fraternity, which has more than 100,000 members, from 2006 to 2008, concluding 11 years on its International Board of Directors. In 2018, he received the Lifetime Award of Merit for Outstanding Alumni Service in Community Endeavors. He also served on the International Board of Directors for the North American Inter-Fraternity Conference from 2009 to 2015. The NIC annually represents more than 900,000 college men.
Leib's lady is Debbie Binder. He has two children, Caitlin Leib, 21, and Jenner Leib, 19.