Lawrence J. "Larry" Leib (Imperial First Ceremonial Master)
Lawrence J. "Larry" Leib of Farmington Hills, Michigan, is serving his fifth year as a member of the Boards of Directors for Shriners International and Shriners Hospitals for Children®.
Fraternities and Philanthropy
- Master Mason, Zion Lodge #1, F. & A.M. of Michigan
- Member, Ancient & Accepted Scottish Rite NMJ, Valley of Detroit; elected to receive 33rd Degree in 2021
- Member, Monroe Chapter #1, Royal Arch Masons of Michigan
- Member, Monroe Council #1, R&S of Michigan
- Detroit Commandery #1 Knights Templar, Past Commander, 2012 (Most Outstanding Commandery)
- York Rite College #1, Detroit, Michigan
- Honorary Legion of Honor, DeMolay International
- Member, Cabiri International
- Potentate, Moslem "Detroit" Shriners, 2015
- Director, Iowa Corporation, Shriners International
- Director, Colorado Corporation, Shriners Hospitals for Children
- Secretary Emeritus, Board of Governors, Shriners Hospitals for Children — Chicago
- Executive Committee, Board of Governors, Shriners Hospital for Children — Chicago, 2004–2010
- Member, Donor Relations International Executive Advisory Committee, Shriners Hospitals for Children, 2010–2012
- Chairman of Development, State of Michigan, Shriners Hospitals for Children, 2004– 2009
- Member, Strategic Planning Committee, Shriners International, 2012–2013
- Imperial Aide, Shriners International, many years
- General Counsel, Moslem "Detroit" Shriners, 2002–2008, 2010–2013
- General Counsel, Detroit Shrine Circus, 2002–2013
- Michigan State Fair (Detroit Shriners)
- Life Member, Moslem "Detroit" Shriners' Directors Staff and Clown units
- Member, Benevolent Order of the Crab, Claw #7; Detroit Shiners, Tap #1; Sigmund Society #1
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics, Urban Affairs, Michigan State University, 1990
- Juris Doctor, University of Detroit School of Law, 1993
- Master of Science, Sports Business, University of Michigan, 2000
Professional and Personal
Leib is a third-generation attorney who began his legal career at Leib, Leib and Kramer P.C. in 1994. He was a partner with the firm until 2004, when he left to start his own general practice firm, the Law Offices of Lawrence J. Leib. While he practices in the litigation field, Leib also has a unique specialty in long-term strategic planning for nonprofits, philanthropies and charities.
Leib is a Director of the Sigma Alpha Mu Fraternity Foundation. He served as International President of Sigma Alpha Mu fraternity, which has more than 100,000 members, from 2006 to 2008, concluding 11 years on its International Board of Directors. In 2018, he received the Lifetime Award of Merit for Outstanding Alumni Service in Community Endeavors. He also served on the International Board of Directors for the North American Inter-Fraternity Conference from 2009 to 2015. The NIC annually represents more than 900,000 college men.
Leib's lady is Debbie Binder. He has two children, Caitlin Leib, 18, and Jenner Leib, 16.