James E. "Ed" Stolze Jr. (Imperial Assistant Rabban)
James E. “Ed” Stolze Jr. of Peoria, Arizona, is serving his seventh year as a member of the Boards of Directors for Shriners International and Shriners Hospitals for Children®.
Fraternities and Philanthropy
- Master Mason, Doric Lodge #44, Chesapeake, Virginia, 1992
- Charter member, Hunters Paradise Lodge #85, Phoenix, Arizona
- Past Master, Northern Lights Masonic Military Lodge
- Potentate, El Zaribah Shriners, 2013
- Captain of the Temple Guard, Ritual Divan Member, and Founding Director and Member of Shrine Masonic 1st Degree Team
- Treasurer, Western Shrine Association, 2013–2015
- Member, Ancient & Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Phoenix
- Member, Arizona Chapter #1 RAM, Phoenix Council #4 R&SM, and Phoenix Commandery #3 Knights Templar
- Honorary Legion of Honor, DeMolay International
- Honorary Member, DeMolay International Supreme Council
- Member, DeMolay King Solomon Honorary Chapter in Arizona
- Member, CBCS West Gate Scottish Masters of St. Andrews
- Emeritus member, Board of Governors of Shriners Hospitals for Children — Los Angeles
- Bachelor’s degree, Sociology, Excelsior College
- Master’s degree, human relations and leadership, University of Oklahoma
Professional and Personal
Stolze enlisted in the Navy as a computer technician and was promoted through the ranks to Chief Petty Officer. Selected for Officer Indoctrination School, he was commissioned as an Electronics Maintenance Officer. After more than 25 years in the Navy, he retired as a Lieutenant Commander, while serving as the Electronics Maintenance Officer for the Pacific Fleet.
Before retiring in 2017, he was the chief technology officer for a large school district in Phoenix. Stolze is a senior leadership consultant for JoshLind Consulting Company.
Stolze and his late wife, Cheryl, were married for 29 years and have two children, Joshua and Lindsey. Joshua works for a financial investment company in Vancouver, Washington, and Lindsey is a doctoral candidate at the University of Arizona.