William S. “Bill” Bailey of Ogden Dunes, Indiana, is serving his ninth year as a member of the Boards of Directors for Shriners International and Shriners Hospitals for Children®. He was elected Imperial Chief Rabban, part of the 12-member body that helps govern the Shriners fraternity, in Tampa, Florida, on July 11, 2020.
Fraternity and Philanthropy
- Master Mason, Porter Lodge #137, Valparaiso, Indiana, 1984
- Potentate, Orak Shriners, Michigan City, Indiana, 2009
- Director General, Great Lakes Shrine Association Business Session, Merrillville, Indiana, 1987
- Member, Arab Patrol, Motor Patrol, Oriental Band, Sportsman’s Club and South Lake County Shrine Club
- 33rd Degree, Ancient & Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of South Bend
- Past Commander in Chief, Ancient & Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of South Bend
- Member, Elbert H. Gary Chapter 139 Chapter RAM, Elbert H. Gary Council #103 Council R&SM and Elbert H. Gary Commandery #37 of Knights Templar (York Rite)
- Member, Red Cross of Constantine
- Member, Indiana College of Rosicrucians
- Class 7 Member (Senior DeMolay), DeMolay International
- Imperial Potentate’s Award of Merit, 2005
- Emeritus member, Board of Governors of Shriners Hospitals for Children — Chicago
- Member, Imperial Marshal’s Aide Committee, 29 years
- Vice Chairman, Imperial Marshal’s Staff, 16 years
- Past Chairman, Donor Relations, Temple Procedures, Budget, Hospital Operations, Leadership Educational Seminars committees, and others
- Past Vice Chairman, Shriners Hospitals for Children Open, Membership and Marketing & Communication committees
- Member, Strategic Planning, Building & Equipment, Budget, Investments, Insurance, Clinical & Basic Research, Masonic Relations committees, and others
Master’s degree, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky
Bachelor’s degree, University of Evansville, Evansville, Indiana
Personal and Professional
Bailey is vice president of investments for Marcus and Millichap, where he sells commercial investment real estate. He is a five-time winner of the Sales Recognition Award and is a member of the firm’s Seven Figure Club.
Bailey and his wife, Debby, have been happily married for 42 years. The Bailey family has a deep Shriners legacy. Bailey’s father, Robert B. Bailey, was Imperial Potentate in 1995–1996. The Shrine legacy continues with Bailey’s brothers John Bailey and Jim Bailey, who was Potentate of Orak in 1998 and President of Great Lakes Shrine Association in 2009. Bailey’s sons, Rob, who is married to Jackie, and Ross, who is married to Jessica, are both Shriners. Additional Shriners in the Bailey family include Bailey’s cousin, the Honorable Geoffrey G. Slaughter, Associate Justice of the Indiana Supreme Court, as well as his nephew, Jordan Bailey and father-in-law, Herbert Owens. Bill and Debby are proud grandparents of Parker Rose Bailey and Henry Michael Bailey.