Peter Diaz, M.D., of Orlando, Florida, served three three-year terms on the Shriners Children’s™ Board of Trustees. His last term ended in 2020. He is now a Trustee Emeritus. He was named Imperial Chaplain for the 2022-2023 Imperial year by Imperial Potentate Kenneth G. “Kenny” Craven.
Fraternities and Philanthropy
- Member of Mokanna Lodge #329 F. & A.M. in Orlando
- Member of Bahia Shriners, Orlando
- Served as Bahia Shriners Divan physician, translator for the Paper Crusade magazine and director of the Antique Car Show.
- Bachelor’s degree, University of Madrid
- Medical degree from University of Santiago in Spain
- Completed his OBGYN residency at the Orlando Regional Medical Center
Professional and Personal
Dr. Diaz has managed his OBGYN practice for 30 years and has served as the Medical Director and a Board Member for Humana Hospital Lucerne in Orlando. He was also the Chairman of the OBGYN department at the hospital and a member of the American Medical Association. In addition, Dr. Diaz is a professor of laparoscopic surgery and has taught the procedure in the U.S., Central America and South America.
Dr. Diaz is an energetic and dedicated Shriner with a strong desire to use his medical experience to benefit Shriners Children’s. He and his wife, Vicki, have five children – Marie, Peter, Cristina, Carolina and Lindsey, and seven grandchildren.