In the late 1800s and early 1900s, Syria Shriners of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, produced collectible glassware to commemorate Imperial Session. The glasses are hand-blown, thin-walled and date back as far as 1893. The glasses were sold, traded and collected similar to baseball cards, with Shriners and non-Shriners alike owning large collections.
The pieces were originally produced by United States Glass Company. In later years, Syria Shriners commissioned Westmoreland U.S. Glass Company owned by Shriner George West, to commission the glasses.
Stay in Touch
Join our mailing list to keep up-to-date on all that's happening at Shriners International.