On May 10, 1897, thirty-nine Shriners assembled in Dayton, Ohio to petition the Imperial Shrine Council for a dispensation to be called Antioch Shrine. On June 14th, 1898, a charter was granted establishing Antioch Shrine Shrine Center. On July 18th, 1898, the first Divan (governing body) was duly elected and installed. Antioch met in several sites in Dayton over the years, from the Hotel Atlas, Hotel Beckel, Phillips House to the Masonic Shrine Center on North Main Street in 1907. The current site of Antioch was purchased in 1919. The buildings on the property were used until 1954 when plans were finalized to build the current Art Deco/Art Modern structure we use today.
Strong, prosperous and firmly established within the Shrine of North America, Antioch Shrine Center has earned its niche. Potentates, leaders and members throughout the years, have each contributed their rightful shares. Their achievements have represented teamwork at the highest order by thousands of nobles with one single purpose — HELPING CHILDREN!
Antioch Shrine is pleased to have two Past Imperial Potentates, Charles J. Claypool 1979 and Charles "Tad" A. Claypool 2002.
This year, Antioch welcomed Shriners Children's Ohio to Dayton and is very excited about being a Host Shrine Center for this hospital with all of the added responsibility that this brings. For 123 years, the Nobles of Antioch has been instrumental in moving Antioch and Shrinedom forward and we anticipate this continuing now and into the future. We are Antioch.
Clubs and Units:
- Champaign County Shrine Club
- Miami County Shrine Club
- Middletown Shrine Club
- Funsters - Clown Unit
- Motor Corps