David C. Hamm, of Winona, Texas, was named Imperial Chaplain on July 11, 2020, by Imperial Potentate Jim Smith.
Fraternities and Philanthropy
- Master Mason, Montgomery Lodge #94, Cincinnati, Ohio, 1981
- Member, Ancient & Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Gulfport, Mississippi, 1981
- Member, Starr Lodge #118, Winona, Texas, 2004
- Worshipful Master, Starr Lodge #118, 2007-2008
- Treasurer, Starr Lodge #118, 2014–present
- District Deputy Grand Master, 16th Masonic District of the Most Worshipful Grand Lodge of Texas, 2013
- Member, Bahia Shriners, Orlando, Florida, 1981
- Member, Sharon Shriners, Tyler, Texas, 2004
- Colonel, Jeep Patrol, Sharon Shriners, 2007
- Drill Captain, Sharon Shriners, 2013–2014 and 2016–2017
- Ritualistic Potentate, Ceremonial cast, 2011–2019
- Potentate, Sharon Shriners, 2012
- Treasurer, Sharon Shriners, 2014–present
- President, Texas Shrine Association, 2011-2012
- Secretary/Treasurer, Texas Shrine Directors Association, 2013
- Secretary/Treasurer, Texas Shrine Shotgun Sports Association, 2019–2020
- Chairman, Sharon Shriners Hospital Benefit (Paper Day), 2008–2011
- Scarlet Oaks Joint Vocational School, Cincinnati, Ohio, 1976
- Madeira High School, Madeira, Ohio, 1976
Professional and Personal
Hamm enlisted in the U.S. Navy after graduating from high school. He served for 20 years and is a qualified Submariner. The highlight of his career was serving as the Chief of the Boat or "COB" onboard the USS Hyman G. Rickover (SSN 709). He retired in 1997 as a Senior Chief Machinist Mate (SS) while serving as the Production Supervisor of the Outside Machine Shop. Hamm was awarded three Navy Commendation Medals, two Navy Achievement Medals, five Good Conduct Medals and various service and campaign awards. He is currently employed as the safety and compliance officer for MagneGas Welding Supply South in Tyler, Texas.
Hamm is a second generation Mason and Shriner, following in the footsteps of his father, Denver Hamm. Hamm has been married to his wife, Charlene, for 42 years. Charlene's father, Harold West, was also a Mason. The couple have a daughter, Kerri, who is married to Scott, and a son, Joshua, a Mason and Shriner who is married to Mariah. They have four grandchildren, Makaylah, Hailea, Mykaela and Denver.