Brad T. Koehn of Topeka, Kansas, is serving his fourth year as a member of the Boards of Directors for Shriners International and Shriners Hospitals for Children®. Koehn was re-elected Imperial Treasurer, part of the 12-member body that helps govern the Shriners fraternity, in Tampa, Florida, on July 11, 2020.
Fraternities and Philanthropy
- Master Mason, Topeka Lodge #17, Topeka, 1981
- Member, Orient Lodge #51, Topeka
- Member, Ancient & Accepted Scottish Rite, Valley of Topeka
- Arab Shriners, Topeka, 1981
- Potentate, Arab Shriners, 2015
- Member, Membership Committee, Arab Shriners
- Imperial Auditor and Chairman, Finance and Audit Committee, Shriners International and Shriners Hospitals for Children, 2012–2013, 2015–2017
- Member, Finance and Audit Committee, Shriners International and Shriners Hospitals for Children, 2011–2018
- Member, Budget, Capital Evaluation, Investment, Oversight and Golf committees
- Lifetime member, Cabiri International
- Bachelor’s degrees, Accounting and Business Administration, University of Kansas
Professional and Personal
Koehn is retired from the accounting firm of Berberich Trahan & Co., P.A., where he was employed for more than 37 years, the last 22 serving as a director/owner. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Kansas Society of CPAs. Koehn’s work experience includes providing audit, tax and accounting assistance for many Shriners International temples.
Over the past years, he has worked with many temples and their leadership, providing guidance and advice in the areas of accounting policies and procedures, internal controls, cash flow, income taxes and other business-related topics.
Koehn and his wife, Cheryl, have two sons, Tyler and Brett, who are also Shriners, and a daughter, Courtney. Koehn is a third-generation Shrine Mason and followed in his father’s footsteps as Potentate of Arab Shriners.