*Please note: only Shriners with current membership may enter this contest.
Shriners believe in fun, fellowship and philanthropy. For this year’s essay contest, we want to focus on the fellowship and brotherhood you have experienced during your time as a Shriner.
Shriners are brought together by shared values and interests, whether it’s a love of motorcycles, playing music in a band, planning a circus or volunteering at a hospital. Over time, this camaraderie often grows into deeper long-lasting friendships that last a lifetime. Shriners love to get together and have fun, but they also stand by each other during times of struggle, providing comfort and support.
The people that you surround yourself with shape who you are as a person. As a Shriner, your life has been influenced by some of the great men that make up our organization. We hope that you share your story of friendship, brotherhood and fellowship with us and, in doing so, remind yourself and others how great it is to be Shriner.
What should I write about?
*Please note: Your essay does not have to answer one of these questions. These are just writing prompts to inspire you.
- Have you had an experience as a Shriner that exemplifies the true meaning of fellowship & brotherhood?
- Do you and your Shriner friends have a special tradition that you take part in?
- Are you part of a tight group of friends that met through the Shriners?
- Did your fellow nobles go out of their way to help you or someone else in a time of need?
- Are you part of a unit that shares a special bond or connection?
- Did you meet your best friend through the Shriners?
How will the winners be recognized? The top three winning essays will be printed in the new quarterly fraternal publication. The winners will also receive plaques, pins and Amazon.com gift cards.
How do I submit an essay? Essays must be submitted to email@example.com by February 28, 2014. To view the entry form and a complete list of rules and guidelines go to Shrinersvillage.com. Please call 813-281-8162 with questions.