The highly-anticipated 2021 Imperial Session took place in Houston, Texas, Sunday, July 4, through Thursday, July 8. Thousands of nobles, ladies and family members from all of the world joined Imperial Sir Jim Smith and Lady Alice in Houston for the five-day event, celebrating the fun, fellowship and philanthropy that connects us all.
This was the first "in-person" Session since 2019, and our entire Shriners family was so glad to finally be able to be together in person again after a very tough couple of years apart. The whole event was a great success, and we are already looking forward to next year’s Imperial Session, which will take place July 3-7, 2022, in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Imperial Session is a very special time for Shriners. In addition to all the important business meetings you expect, the five-day convention also provides a chance for Shriners and their families from all over the world to gather, share their stories and showcase their pride in our two great organizations. Guests of the annual event have the opportunity to attend a variety of social events, friendly unit competitions and performances, and of course, the biggest Shriners parade of the year.
Please enjoy some highlights from the 2021 Imperial Session!
Sunday, July 4
Monday, July 5
Tuesday, July 6 and Wednesday, July 7
The Shriners Zone, located in the Marketplace, was open all day throughout the event, and was the place to be for Shriners, ladies, friends and families while in Houston.
Highlights from this year’s Shriners Zone included:
- Fezzy's Photo Experience – have your picture taken at our three different Instagram-worthy photo stations
- Play pool, skeeball and darts – this year there were daily prizes for top skeeball and darts scores (for adults, teens and kids)
- First Lady's items for a donation to her program
- Christmas ornaments for sale
- A chance to learn more about our four signature sporting events in the Sports Zone
- Earn tickets for prizes
- Scan your membership card to win daily prizes
- Take a break (and charge your devices) in our lounge area
- Search for hidden armadillos
- Trade your pin with us
- Meet the friendly, helpful staff from Shriners International Headquarters
We can’t wait to see you all next year in Minneapolis!